So last week I got a package in the mail saying that you coould get 5 books for .99 and all you had to do was buy 4 more books at regular price within in 2 years. So umm yeah I did it...I love to read so to buy 4 more books at regualr price in 2 years is not going to be hard to do. I can get that done in less then 6 months :) So for my 5 books for .99 I got all cooking books minus one Nora Roberts book that hasn't come out yet. I received my books at the end of last week. I am so freakin excited to have new cookbooks to make stuff out of. I haven't even had a chance to look through all the books but I am working my way through them :)
I already told Marshall that we are going to try and start eating different things. I am more nervous about me trying different things then him but I am really going to try to work on that so that we can both broaden our horizons. I got him to try an avocado the other day...he was so funny about it. I was looking through one of the cookbooks and I found a recipe for guacamole so after dinner I made him go to the store with me so that I could buy avocado's to make it. We got home and they were perfect. They just peeled very nicely and were the perfect color. Marshall had this weird look on his face the whole time and was asking me how they tasted so I cut him a little piece and he was so weird about trying it :) It suprised both of us because he usually has no hesitation in trying something new but he was a good sport and tried it. Seeing his face after he ate it was hilarious. I should have taken a picture. He said that he didn't really like the texture of it and said that it tasted like eggs :) He is funny. He also tried the guacamole and said that maybe if it were cold he would like it a little btter. He left before trying it again but there is always next time! I have been enjoying it though. If I had made this at my house it would have been gone in less then a day...more for me to enjoy!
Hopefully this week I can get through all of the cookbooks and think of something new to make. I told him that I wanted to try lobster but I haven't sold him on that idea yet because I want to try live lobster instead of frozen...he isn't liking that idea yet but I am still working on him :)
If/When my family is reading this they aren't going to believe that it is really me talking like this and wanting to try new things...I am the pickiest eater alive but I really want to step out of that and try different things. We will see how adventerous I become. If I find any great recipes I will post them here so that you can all enjoy them as much as we hopefully will!
Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dani,
I was wondering if it wes really you talking. You are a picky eater, but I am proud of you for this. I guess we will be in store for some of you new cooking skills when you come to visit? Also I have started something new. I ask for a Dutch oven cook book for fathers day and got one late. I have tried one new Dutch oven recipe already. The other things I got for fathers day was things related to outdoor cooking. I also got wireless headphones for my mp3 player NEAT. By the way we have cooked all our meals outside since before fathers day and also eat out doors also. Lei really liked my Dutch oven dinner. I am happy.
Love
Dad
Post a Comment